Owners of SMEs in the UK who are looking to expand into the ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) region would greatly benefit from this market visit to Thailand and Singapore, as organised by UKTI London. The visit is intended to help businesses make connections in this part of the world and get some first hand experience of the countries. The economy of the ASEAN region is increasing in strength, and is now the eighth largest in the world, making it an attractive prospect for companies ready to grow on a global level.
Date: 18/11/13 – 22/11/13
Organiser: UKTI London
Location: Thailand and Singapore
UKTI has designated Thailand High Growth Market status, and with a population of more than 67 million, this is a very large economy which is dynamic and exciting in nature. Thailand can act as a gateway to the ASEAN and Asia-Pacific markets as a whole, and already has strong links with the UK in terms of trading. Singapore is a highly stable, developed nation with an open economy, and is the UK’s largest trading partner in South East Asia, with UK exports to Singapore totalling £3.6 billion in 2011.
The main advantages of this market visit include:
- The support of a group leader with significant experience of the markets in Singapore and Thailand
- In-market briefing and reception for networking opportunities
- Assistance throughout the visit, including briefings from UKTI and the British High Commission
- Flexibility to pursue your own business interests in Thailand and Singapore
- Help to find and arrange meetings with potential customers or partners