Sarah Carroll, Grow Global’s founder, will be running a masterclass on E-commerce for International Trade for the Department for International Trade (DIT), South East, in Guildford on 10 October 2018. This masterclass is one of a series and is part of a joint venture between DIT South East and the European Regional Development Fund’s (ERDF) ASEAN programme which aims to increase the competitiveness of SME’s within the Coast to Capital area in international markets.
Start/End Time: 09:00am – 5:00pm
Event Organiser: Department for International Trade, South East
The masterclass will provide your company with the know-how and tools you need to make your products and services more visible online in international search engines, leading to substantially increased enquiries and sales and a new, cheaper way to enter international markets. As a by-product, this can also boost online enquiries and sales in the UK.
Are you ready to:
• Exploit the export potential of online sales?
• Incorporate international e-commerce as part of your export strategy?
• Manage export sales arising online?
• Start exporting with e-commerce?
• Turn your existing UK e-commerce success into export income?
Your website is an essential channel to showcase your products and services overseas. Attend this specialist masterclass to learn the practical steps you can take to use your website to generate export sales. Find out how to build a successful international e-commerce website that could open up a new channel for international trade and attract new business from customers around the world. This masterclass, led by Sarah Carroll, an expert in e-commerce for international trade will provide hints and tips on how to structure and design your e-commerce website.
This masterclass will include case studies of companies who have already gained new international business through the web. You will also learn from and network with other exporters who are developing their global business through e-commerce.
This is also an opportunity to meet face-to-face with a Department for International Trade Adviser who can give you more information about the ways in which DIT can hep your business and answer any related export questions you may have on the day.
• International e-commerce explained
• Is your e-commerce system ready to go international?
• The international e-commerce opportunity
•Options for an international e-commerce strategy:
– Top international e-commerce platforms
– Top international online marketplaces
– Reasons for international shopping cart abandonment
– Top international e-commerce payment systems
– Top international delivery methods
• Building an international e-commerce website
• Features of a multi-currency e- commerce website
• Features of a multilingual e-commerce website
• Localising an international e-commerce website
• Implementation and monitoring
• Top tips for selling through e-commerce for international trade
• Examples of successful companies
• Action planning
• Next steps
This is an innovative full-day masterclass aimed at online sellers seeking to increase their export sales by using international e-commerce.
It is not suitable for intermediaries such as financial companies, legal companies, translation companies or web design agencies.
Sarah Carroll is the Founder of Grow Global and has mentored over 700 companies for the UK and government agencies in other countries, advising them on how to gain more leads and sales from international customers through the web. She is one of the UK’s leading experts on how to make a website international and how to communicate effectively internationally. She regularly speaks at seminars and runs workshops about optimising websites, e-commerce, e-marketplaces and s-commerce for international trade and her recently published book ‘Grow Fast, Grow Global – 6 steps to unstoppable international growth in the digital age’ is an Amazon number 1 best seller.