Location: Remotely and Brighton
Hours: Flexible hours, core hours 10am – 3pm
Start date: As soon as possible
This role reports directly to the Client Manager.
Closing date: Friday 9 May 2014
Grow Global is a fast-growing niche consultancy and training company based in Brighton that helps businesses to increase international online sales. Find out more about what we do at www.growglobal.com.
We are passionate about the service we deliver to our clients and the results we help them to achieve. We have now reached a stage where we need an equally passionate and committed Office Manager to provide business administration and operational support to our small, but growing team. The role will have responsibility for all day-to-day administration, supporting the client delivery teams, as well as contributing to the overall development of the company.
The key activities of the role will include:
- Monitoring and processing Gmail on a daily basis
- Responding to leads and enquiries from clients requesting services
- Administrating and booking services for clients
- Communicating with clients by email, telephone or Skype
- Arranging appropriate travel for consultants
- Tracking issues with clients and events and resolving or escalating them
- Monitoring and reporting on events, clients and issues on a weekly basis
- Managing the Salesforce database and calendar
- Managing email archive.
- Administrating and booking events, including webinars, seminars and training courses
- Liaising with external event personnel
- Booking appropriate travel and hotels for events
- Identifying, assessing and booking suitable external venues
- Setting up and administering events on Eventbrite
- Making sure all events pages and event calendar are up-to-date on our websites
- Commissioning and managing print for events.
- Organising weekly management meetings
- Organising team meetings and networking events
- Producing a monthly team newsletter
- Minute taking and assuring effective action planning for internal team meetings
- Supporting recruitment of new hires
- Monitoring and recording of team members’ availability
- Issuing contracts of employment or engagement contracts for team and associates.
- Processing payroll and accounts for team and suppliers using SageOne
- Processing invoices, expenses and expense claims using SageOne
- Chasing up late payments
- Liaising where necessary with accountant and appropriate government bodies i.e. HMRC, Companies House
- Ensuring statutory and any other organisational requirements are met for all employees and contract staff
- Monitoring and reporting on finances on a monthly basis.
- Sourcing and managing office equipment and supplies
- Sourcing and managing marketing materials e.g. leaflets, business cards
- Providing and monitoring appropriate equipment e.g. office phones
- Maintain a log of company purchased equipment, hardware & software
- Filing and archiving in office
- Managing Google drive online documents.
- Ensuring awareness within the team of any relevant conferences/events happening in London and the South East
- Monitoring and updating social media e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn company profile, paper.li
- Producing a bi-monthly client and partner e-newsletter
- Source articles for websites
- Commission regular articles and events for websites
- Updating services and team on websites
- Managing website domain names
- Reviewing client & partner newsletters and alerting the team to relevant information & events.
Qualifications and Knowledge
• Strong administration work experience
• Ability to communicate and write in good English in house style with a positive tone
• Educated to A-Level standard
• Minimum B-Grades at GCSE Maths and English
• Strong MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Gmail
• Fluent or native written and spoken English
• Own laptop and high speed internet connection.
• Full UK driving licence.
• Experience of evaluating and continuously improving office processes
• WordPress, Joomla! or other content management systems (CMS)
• Mailchimp, Constant Contact or other e-newsletter systems
• Salesforce or SageOne or other office management systems
• Knowledge of another language
• Lived abroad
• Enjoy learning about other cultures
• Love of travel
Skills and Attributes
The ideal candidate should offer:
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
• Ability to plan own work and work on own initiative
• Ability to work at a fast pace
• Cheerful and positive outlook
• Willingness to learn
• Tact, discretion and adherence to the principles of confidentiality
• Excellent team-working abilities
• Dependability and integrity
• Commitment to own professional and personal development
• Strong awareness of own impact in providing a professional first impression.
Get in touch
To apply, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV in PDF format, noting your current salary together with a 250-word piece on why you’d be perfect for our Office Manager role. If you have an up-to-date LinkedIn profile, please email us the link.
Strictly no agencies.